I often start my day with this healthy Raw Granola.
Shop bought Granola is usually full of sugar. Even natural sugar such as honey should not be eaten in excess. It is also heavy on grains, especially oats. I prefer to eat a lower carbohydrate breakfast as I find that it keeps my energy levels much more balanced during the day.
Ingredients (1 portion)
- Handful of nuts – I use pecans and/or macadamias
- Handful of seeds – I use pumpkin
- Handful of coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground flaxeeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil – melted
- 1 tsp hemp protein powder
- Fruit – your choice – berries, pomegranate seeds, chopped banana or pear, grated apple
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp yoghurt of choice
- Milk of choice – as much as you want to gain desired consistency
- Blitz the nuts, seeds, coconut flakes and chia seeds in a food processor. Or you can chop well by hand. You can make up multiple portions of this mixture and keep in a jar in the fridge.
- To serve add all other ingredients and stir well.
- You can always make up the dry ingredients the night before so that it saves time in the morning.